Hi. I'm Lexi. I've always been a little bigger than my friends. I know i'm "big boned" and that my dad's side of the family is all bigger, but all throughout high school I was pretty fit. I was a cheerleader, volleyball player, took college classes, and excelled at life. I always weighed between 160-170.
Around comes real college at a real university, and I'm no longer in sports. I'm eating whatever I want, living on my own, and being lazy. I tried to make the gym a priority, but eating on campus food basically made staying healthy impossible. And being used to 10+ hours of training for competitive cheer leading I wasn't doing nearly enough to keep up with what I was eating.
I knew I was gaining weight since I quit cheer, but I was happy, and didn't really care.
Second year of college rolls around and I'm gaining more weight. I lived off campus, worked at the mall, ate a lot of mall food, ordered lots of pizza, and went to the gym less. I told myself I would never let the scale say 200, and one day, it did. So I started eating healthy. I did super well for about 3 months. I was working out atleast once a day, if not more, and I was making better choices and eating less pasta and more chicken breasts. I logged my work outs and my caloric intake, and I was almost always under my goal. I tried hard. In those 3 months, I think I lost 6 pounds. That was extremely discouraging, and I gave up.
Summer rolled around. I didn't work out at all, I was working a lot, still living in the college town. I had less motivation to cook because I was living by myself, and I still ate a lot of my meals at the mall. I turned 21 at the end of August, and I needed to get a new ID. I got my picture taken, saw how big my face had gotten compared to my first license picture at age 16, and I started a diet the next day.
I bought a scale, and I hadn't weighed myself in months. I was a whopping 216. I had gained 16 pounds that summer. That was sickening.
And I am now on week 4 of this diet. I'm doing the fit2fat2fit diet, which tells you what to eat. It is already difficult for me to lose weight, and not really knowing how to cook, let alone cook healthy, made it extremely hard for me to lose weight the first time I tried. I've been cooking a lot more, and the meals are EXTREMELY easy, which I am grateful for, and they are tasty. I look at what I eat and I am baffled at the fact that I am eating and enjoying this veggie stir fry. I haven't really gone hungry, and it seems to be working.
I lost 5 pounds my first week. And I had lost 6 pounds in 3 months last time I tried.
But, being 21 and still having most of my friends in college, I havent stuck to it 100%. The dude that wrote the meal plans lost 75 pounds in 6 months, and I am by no means trying to do that, so I have been lenient with myself, because I know if i'm not, I will crack. But having my boyfriend and all my friends living in cheney, the college town, and me living with a roommate half an hour away, I am finding myself constantly at my friends places, drinking beer, ordering pizza, and just not being good on this diet. This week has been especially bad. And that is why I have decided to start blogging about it, in hopes that it will help me motivate myself to stay eating healthy and losing weight. I've tried taking pictures of myself throughout the beginning of this journey, and I will continue to do that and post them, even though they are embarrassing.
Hopefully this blog keeps me motivated! When I reach my goal, to lose atleast 30 pounds, maybe even 40, maybe I will share this blog with the world. Thanks!




No comments:
Post a Comment